Happy Sunday people! I woke up quite early today though I fell asleep close to the crack of dawn already. I went to the mall and had my early strolling. Actually I was asked to buy some goodies for my niece because today is Sunday, and Sunday is a treat day. I went to Goldilocks and bought egg pie, chocolate mouse and raisin choc chips. Afterwards, I took a peak at Booksale but I got overwhelmed again – as usual, and spent quite a long time browsing some rotten books. As a Sunday treat for myself, I bought a book by Edward Aubyn in a rock-bottom price. A made a walk along the mall’s ground floor and I noticed the ornaments in green, blue, and red hanging on the walls and the lonely-merry Christmas songs airing around. OMG! Christmas is coming…then this thought comes into my mind: My take “5” early signs that Christmas is coming
Here’s my take “5”
1. The radios are now playing “White Christmas”, Pasko Na Sinta ko” and likes that really make a sudden gush of Christmas spirit and whether you deny it or not, Christmas song really makes a chill at your spine because it brings back the memories hushing up at the back of your mind. Christmas songs are very catching; at the bus, train, cabs, and everywhere, the sounds humming in the air are kinda’ pinching a part of your hear that makes you feel ouch or wow, yeah. Another tangible sign of Christmas that is very undeniable are the Christmas ornaments. I remember when I was young, when the first “ber” month, which is September, turns in the calendar, she would start preparing and installing the Christmas decors - the Christmas tree, the lanterns in different colors and sizes, the garlands with cherries and pines, the scented candles, the glittering Christmas lights, the figurines of Santa, angels, and snowman, and of course, the Belen. I was always the one who assembled our 8foot high Christmas tree while my mum was the one who sprinkled the colorful ornaments on it.
2. Let’s talk about the Season, whether there is a global warming or not, we, the Filipinos usually associate the start of Christmas during the “ber” months and when the wind blow starts to become breezy or I may say, vice versa. The early morning is starting to become nippy, so no need for air conditioners and sometimes you even need to turn off the electric fan.
3. Another apparent sign that Christmas is coming when you start to worry about budgeting and listing the gifts for your fella. Born as the youngest in the family, budgeting or listing gifts never bugged me at all, the only thing I knew when I was a kid is receiving gifts, hehehe. But now I am starting to get worry about it. My gifts for my family are not a problem at all because I could share with my sister. But the gifts for my special “some ones”, lol is the big problem for a bum like me.
4. Emotions. My number four early sign of Christmas is the mixed-emotions. There are people who hate Christmas. These people might have no good memories with the season or I may say they had“not-so-good” memories during this very special season that they always associate Christmas with the “not-so-good” past. But chewing over this emotion, it only proves that we bracket Christmas together with merry celebrations amongst our family, friends and loved ones and the downhearted feelings is only a product of this unfulfilled or messed up outlook. So whether we are sad, gloomy, or bitter about the season, it only proves that we always wanted to be happy with this very special season. There’s always tomorrow and it’s not too late to actualize your wonderful Christmas. Besides Christmas is when you feel the true spirit that it’s offering to us. So if you’re feeling “emo” and you keep on denying about the season, it only swells your stimulation about the season.
5. And my number five early sign of Christmas is when you realized the above lists and you start to feel the glow of sharing and the happiness about life in gratitude to the life and love given by the main Celebrant of the Season.
Visit me HERE: