Wednesday, July 30, 2008

interview



The hell!!! Why did I utter those things? Mindless crap!

“I’m giving you two minutes to say something about yourself that you didn’t include in your resume”

“All right, I’m Sunny. I read psychology books and novels that tackle human eccentricity. I have just finished the book of Han Nolan about depression and the bits and pieces about dejection….”
Then I glanced on the bland wall of the room and saw a painting, a white orchid.
Shoot!
I continued by talking about….arts
“I value the substance of arts, may it be a painting, crafts or literary pieces. It is pleasant to know the emotions behind it. I am a movie addict too; it’s my form of relaxation…and uhm…uhm…”
Then I saw his brows rising.
Damn I messed up with my interview.
Redirect yourself sunny….
The interviewer made another fancy gesture of disappointment. He moved his lips to side as if he’s fed up with my presence. I knew that he would stop me at any point time.
But I went on with my statements.
“When it comes to work, I am very diligent. Good planning is very essential to carry on any kind of task. I can handle stress straightforwardly and being flexible is one of my good traits”
Then my mind got blocked again.

Oh, crap!

I had a difficult time convincing myself to attend that interview. I got up with a joker’s attitude of tossing a coin to dictate my destiny. The time I got on the building, I conditioned my mind to be logical, but obviously, it didn’t work.
Another failed day…


To lighten up the mood, here are some of the weird questions that I met during my job hunting escapades.
1. If you were given a chance to be a superhero, which would you be.
My answer: spidey because of his web slinger

2. What did you do last weekend?
My answer: dozing off and pigging out

3. Ask me a question.
My answer: why did you ask me that?

Job-hunting is a very tiring thing to do but sometimes it’s the funniest way to spend your idle times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

steady lang pre, ganyan tlga..tagay nlang!weee!Gudluck kaya yan!sus!

Anonymous said...

pre tenchu sa greetings, nkkaiyak, nyahaha, wakokoks ksi daming language, hkaahkah, ingatz lage!!weeeee!!tagay!!

miss_dibly said...

lol. nice ung "why did you asked me that?" lol

ako din, sanay na sa mga failed interviews. lol. pero, carry pa naman. hehe