Saturday, August 9, 2008

give it back to me

“do you love me...?” said my niece with curious eyes, batting lashes, and grinning smile, the face and aura of a 5-year old child who assumed old enough to understand that phrase.

Actually, it was really about love but on a different level. It was siesta time and I was turning the leaves of a book about the differences between men and women. I was on the 199th page talking about “why men love oral sex and why some women see it as a gross thing”, of course with that kind of topic, you’d be snooping. So I was grinning and my balls (of my eye not the one hanging down) were stuffed with curiosity. My niece caught me with that animation and obviously directly caught her own attention too. She jumped off on me and grabbed the book on my hand. “That’s not yours”, I told her in an authoritarian tone. Sheesh! That just stirred her inquisitive sponge-mind. Her eyes got widened and ran away from me with her fingers marking the page that I was scanning at. Then, “do you love me...?” said my niece with curious eyes, batting lashes, and grinning smile, the face and aura of a 5-year old child who assumed old enough to understand that phrase. I pulled the book from her but she pulled it back. I grabbed it again but she’s tough enough to grab it away from me. Then we had the giggling chase, I acted as if I was a monster on a deep forest groaning “brringg it back to meeee” and she was shrieking, “This is mine, mine”. My niece has an enormous energy that tired me off. The time I caught her, I stood in front of her and started my melodrama, “Stay, that’s my book and that’s for adult, and some words might confuse you. If you’re like tito na, I’ll give that to you. For the mean time, you read your books, okay?” She knitted her brow but then she calmly gave back the book to me. It worked! Yahoo!



Thought: pwede na ko maging dad, lol.

N.B.: treat kiddos like real adult, just give em’ your right justification and they’ll understand you, and one more thing, parenting is a very hard job. I adore parents who have the right tactics of disciplining their children. Last point, when I say tactics, it is the mix of laughter, melodrama, and right communication not the villain-acts of blowing in a fairy tale story.

2 comments:

miss_dibly said...

hehehe! mukhang pede na nga!

Anonymous said...

pre pede adopt mo nlang ako?lol